Filipino Recipe Lelot Balatong/Ginataang Monggo
(Ginataan means cooked with coconut milk)
1 ½ cups sweet rice (malagkit)
1 cup monggo beans (mung beans)
1 ½ cups coconut milk
1 cup sugar
evaporated milk (optional)
How to cook:
1. Toast monggo beans (mung beans) until golden brown. Remove from fire. On a flat surface crush the toasted monggo beans with a rolling pin. Discard the loose skin from the crushed seeds.
2. Boil the sweet rice with water.
3. Add the coconut milk and sugar.
4. Mix the toasted monggo beans into the sweet rice. Continue cooking until the monggo beans are cooked thoroughly.
5. Serve with evaporated milk on top.